Newfoundland’s musical darlings The Once are heading out on a 2-month, cross-country tour the once, and are launching from The Rock after a 6-stop tour of the province:
- October 09 – Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL @ Lawrence O’Brien Arts Centre
- October 10 – Labrador City, NL @ Arts & Culture Centre
- October 12 – Stephenville, NL @ Arts & Culture Centre
- October 13 – Corner Brook, NL @ Arts & Culture Centre
- October 18 – Grand Falls-Windsor, NL @ Arts & Culture Centre
- October 19 – Gander, NL @ Arts & Culture Centre
- October 20 – St. John’s, NL @ Arts & Culture Centre
The trio are touring their dandy new album, Time Enough and deemed the week before the big tour a good time to drop a new video. The video for “Any Other Way” was mostly filmed “in a strange and wonderful family hotel somewhere between Edinburgh and Yorkshire,” while the band was on tour in the UK earlier this summer.
It was also, as you can tell, filmed on a Super 8. The grainy aesthetic lends the track a sense of nostalgia and revelry that underscores a deeper meaning in the lyrics. it is a song about “the need to make ample time for one another – and to enjoy the journey all the while,” says singer Geraldine Hollett.
“Every relationship you have requires work, but it doesn’t mean the work can’t be fun,” Hollett says. “There’s joy to be found at every turn. Let that kid inside of you out. Have a laugh. Soak it up. Every second you miss is a second gone. And in every moment lies an opportunity to make life and your fortunate relationships stronger and unbeatable.”
“It takes a lot to leave,” Hollett sings in the song’s chorus, “it takes much more to stay.”
Keep up with The Once at http://www.theonce.ca.